Below are comments sent to the old Decorators site from fans. Please add your own in the comments box below.
- ‘The Decorators were a really good band but I think they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, I saw them play plenty of times.’
- ‘I only saw them a couple of times live, and have a couple of records (which I’ve taped and play on long drives in the car from time to time). But I thought they were great – and have been really sorry they disappeared without trace.’
- ‘I personally think the Decorators were brilliant and way ahead of their time.’
- ‘See Mick all the time. Still one of the great writers and sings like a dream, current music made with some of his oldest and drunkenest friends and is beautiful and full of poetry…in my opinion Bevan is a man of strange powers. Seek and ye shall find.’
- ‘I was a good friend of Johnny Gilani and Allan Buroughs when I was at school and I went to see a few of their bands including The Decorators who I saw supporting The Sound at the Moonlight Club in North London…It’s such a long time ago now I’m not sure I can remember much else about them, needless to say I haven’t kept in touch. Having said that Johnny did help to inspire me to form my own bands one of which (my dog has no nose – www.mdhnn.com) headlined at the Moonlight several times in the late 80s and early 90s as well as playing all over Europe.”